Friday, January 4, 2013

Minister Yapa ‘threatened’ by phone over ‘our lady’


Chairman of the now defunct PSC Anura Priyadarshana Yapa said he had received an intimidating telephone call about which he made a complaint to the Colombo Crimes Division.

“There was a call to my wife’s phone at around 3pm yesterday and the person who called had asked to speak to me. When I got on the line he threatened me saying ‘if you do anything to our lady, we will take care of you”, the minister told Daily Mirror.

Mr. Yapa said he had lodged a complaint with the Colombo Crimes Division in this regard.

“I have never had a threatening call of this sort during my entire political career. The phone number of the caller and the details of the dialogue were reported to the CCD, and I await the outcome of the investigation” he said.